Stress to Success: Week 9
Sexual Alchemy & “Conscious” Conception
4 pillars of conscious conception:
1. Communication basics are in place – your partner can articulate your major needs and you theirs
2. Both partners feel safe, loved, heard, honored
3. You both feel calm, relaxed, but vital
4. You feel connected and in touch with your partner – intimacy intact outside of the bedroom
- Heal body level trauma, tension
- Increase access to pleasure
- 1. Physiologically
2. Adrenal stress linked to lower libido
3. Communication suffers. Blame (often self blame) increases
4. Sexual energy in the body diverted or drained
- give yourself permission for as much time and space for any emotional healing you need
- focus on "non-sexual" touch
- activities that make you laugh or will be really fun/pleasurable/connective/heart opening
Alchemy is: Taking base materials and transforming them to something better. Lead to gold…body fluids into a fertilized egg! Ancient alchemists developed the framework for modern chemistry and medicine but were also ALWAYS looking at Soul, Nature, Energy, Mythology… it was very holistic.
Sexual Alchemy looks at all those same things too… How does sex connect with nature, with energy, with spirituality. And how does it begin to shut down when it’s disconnected from any of those? When it really comes down to it, everyone understands sex “can” be about experiences of Ultimate Connection, Unity, & Bliss. Right? So that’s what we’re honing in on when we explore this.
- What we’re essentially talking about here is transcendent, healing sex…
1. Get in the right headspace by doing something calm, or fun
2. Make sure there’s enough time
3. Create Sacred/Ritual Space - Literal & Energetic
4. Prepare your bodies
- “True Beauty Ritual”
Clean body ritualistically – with presence and consciousness
Oil/lotion the skin with loving affirmations & presense
Use healthy products and affirm how much you’re worth it when you do
(optional) more elaborate primping, makeup, hair, clothes
1. Bring Intention and Awareness to what you want to occur
2. Feel yourselves connecting so you can be on the same wavelength
Note: what do you do when your partner isn’t game for this stuff – but you are?
1. Three goals during sex - one is presense. Being right there moment after moment after moment.
2. Second – communicating needs, responding to your partner’s communications
3. Time for receptivity… really feel each other (why relaxation and pleasure practices so impt)
4. These come easily when there’s pre-established connections with partner
1. Laying very close for a while so energies can fully complete between partners
2. Consciously put light around each person and energy of ‘couple’
3. (can be much later) Manifestation Ritual: Think/talk about the intention you set, feel into the emotional wanting of it to manifest – and as best you can release it to the divine. This is quite a paradox: staying connected emotionally to all you hope for and simultaneously releasing your attachment on it’s form.
- 4 Pillars of Concscious Conception are:
- What 3 “Needs” are most urgent or up for you right now? What are your partner’s 3 most obvious needs these days (based on what you know or can infer)?
How does stress sabotage healthy, juicy sexuality? What do you notice in your body/life?
What kinds of changes to your space would make the most difference, based on what you’ve just learned?
What types of pre-sex “connection rituals” sound appealing to you to try?
When everything is in place in the relationship, what are the 3 things that will ideally occur during sex, even when you’re not thinking about them?
What are 2 steps to take after sex to encourage your intentions to crystallize more?